Milan fashion week 2017 #1

Waiting for the Dolce Gabbana show...


Hello!
As you may know (well I hope for you), the Milan fashion week is over. I am always very excited for this fashion week because it's one of my favorites. I am not going to talk too much about this fashion week because I'm going to write a whole article about it.
Today, I'm going to talk about the Dolce Gabbana show. Maybe you heard about it because Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce chose "ordinary" people as models. Well when they say "ordinary people", they mean famous bloggers like Negin Mirsalehi, Kristina Bazan or Alexandra Pereira; singers for teenagers like Austin Mahone; or sons and daughters of famous people like Gabriel Day Lewis (Daniel Day Lewis' son) or Rafferty Law (Jude Law's son) and other young influencers like Thylane Blondeau, Sonia Ben Ammar or Luka Sabbat (don't worry, you're not the only who doesn't know him). The Italian brand did an entire campaign with the same young people but who thought they will do a show with them?
To be honest, I was so disappointed by this show. I used to love this brand so much and now, I feel like the show was a joke and I'm still waiting for the show, even though I know it will never happen... Just like a YouTube comment would say: "Not everyone can be a model". I like the fact that they invited "real people" to be models but they should have coached them before. Let's take Negin's example: have you seen her walking? I was laughing so hard that's crazy. You HAVE TO check her way of walking for a show. Really. I don't know if it was because of the stress or she just wanted to look like a real model but that was ridiculous; "As fast as a snail".
Well, about the collection now. I think that Dolce Gabbana has a real problem: time. That's a fact, Dolce and Gabbana are growing old. Maybe they are trying to look young with all these "influencers" and the collection has the same problem: they want to look young and want young people to wear their clothes (even if not every young people has enough money to get dressed in Dolce Gabbana). BUT. They want to look that young that they did their most vulgar collection ever. And what happened with their imagination and creativity? Are they jocking us? They just took previous designs and applied them to different fabrics. As an example: I'm fed up with the transparent lace dress. I used to like it but now I want to see new things. Just like the Mary-Jane shoes which I loved but now, that's enough! And while they used to invent trends, now they are just copying the other brands. Example? Of course! The boots they did just look the same with Gucci shoes (pics to come later in the article). Another one? Yes! The Chanel inspired bag.
Moreover, what about this Justin Bieber shirt? Come on!!! You're not a simple brand! You are Dolce Gabbana!! A brand which meant feminity and elegance, not kid and groupie!!!
To sum up and to put an end to this article (because I'm getting really annoyed and that's useless), I hated this show and I still don't understand why the fashion industry thought that was the most beautiful show off the whole Milan fashion week. Why? Because they turned "normal" people into models? What an amazing hypocrisy from this industry!! The same industry which is tough with curved women and which imposes skinny figures and which causes anorexia or bulimia on young girls. LOL.
Hope you liked this post and tell me what you thought about the Dolce Gabbana show!  
Xoxo



Dolce Gabbana shoes, ready-to-wear, MFW 2017.
Pic: Instagram @DolceGabbana

Gucci shoes. Available on the website
Looks familiar right?


Is that from the previous collection?

Daniel Day Lewis

Negin Mirsalehi

Already seen this sequins dress...
Well that was pink but...

Love... Yes LOVE this suit

Liked this pattern

Liked this skirt & this shirt... but not together

Already seen that as well

Sonia Ben Ammar & her mother


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vogue #6 (NYFW SS18)

Guide de voyage #1

Louis Vuitton